Creating and Assigning Tasks inXamun Project
Tasks are the foundations of a project. We used to assign tasks the traditional way – pen and paper, a spreadsheet, via phone call, or various post-its strewn across the monitor. However, Xamun is bringing in a new way of conducting task assignment through the productivity tool Project. Here are the tips in assigning tasks in Xamun Project.
1. Access the Project live card. Select a Project where a task is needed to be assigned. We’ll use Bob’s BBQ Social Media Campaign as an example.
2. Clicking a project will lead you to the Project Board. In here, there are two ways of assigning a task. One is by clicking on the + button on the left side of the Masterlist header. Clicking on the + button will also prompt an Add New Task form. The second one is by typing out the task on the directly onto a blank Add New Task form found at the bottom of the Masterlist.
3. Type the needed task, then click on Add Task.
After adding, it will look like this:
If you accidentally clicked the button, you can click on the delete icon and you will see this prompt:
4. Adding details to your task is easy. Just click on the task name and it will lead you to the Task Card where you can add/edit the details like the due date, add sub tasks, place the task in a category, exchange comments and attach documents. You can also see who created the task and the time and date it was created.
Your task card will look like this after filling out the other details:
The pen icon means there’s a description for the task, the bullets icon means there are subtasks, and the speech bubble icon means there are comments posted for the task. Notice that the category flag is also present on the task card.
5. Now you can start assigning the task. You can click on Assigned To Section and select the people who will be working on the task.
It will look like this after choosing the task assignees:
If you want to remove a teammate from the task, all you have to do it click on that member and it will prompt you to remove him.
6. The second way of assigning tasks is by dragging and dropping people’s photos from the Employees Panel found on the Project Sidebar to the task card. The task card will automatically move to the To-Do Lane of the Project Board.
This task will now be reflected on the task assignee’s own Project Board and My Day where they can exchange comments and update each other on the status of the task. Here’s Mario Agostino commenting on the task assigned to him.